Many people who purchased a home here in the Denver Metro area during the hasty pandemic times are now realizing they are unhappy in the home they purchased. During that time home prices were getting bid up and now many regret the extremes they went to for a home.
A recent study (below) shows of the buyers who purchased during that time:
- 75% expressed some regret for their decision
- 30% feel they overspent
- 26% felt they rushed the process
- Over 50% expressed that homeownership is more expensive than they anticipated (too much maintenance and upkeep or compromised too much for their home.
- 64% said knowing what they know today, they would’ve bought a different home
- 63% would have waited longer to buy
- 25% said that selling their current home has become a bigger priority to the
Some of these buyers are considering:
- Staying in place and renovating
- Selling their home for a profit & purchase a home that better fits their needs
- Considering renting their current home out and making it an investment, and then purchasing a home that better fits their needs
- Selling and moving to a more affordable market
If this describes how you may be feeling, I would love an opportunity to help you understand your options and be a trusted resource for you!